Attention Bingo lovers the Full House Reading Challenge – 2015 is another challenge being run by Kathryn on her ‘Book Date’ blog:
The Challenge: Complete the card below.
· You can do it in any order you wish – but the aim is to have a Full House (i.e. read 25 books) by the end of 2015.
· You are allowed “one free exchange”, if there is something on the square you really dislike you may change it to something of your choice. Once you have played this free choice that is it. Mention the exchange in the final summary post.
Here is the “Bingo” card:
Here is my Completed list:
- Library book: Beyond the Dark by Lora Leigh et al
- A top book of 2015 for me: The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce (5 stars/A)
- I heard about this book online: The Iron Trial by Holly Black & Cassandra Clare
- Set in Southern hemisphere: The Maxwell Sisters by Loretta Hill
- Published in 2015: Tell the Truth by Katherine Howell
- Novella: The Millionaire by Victoria Purman
- Setting that you now want to visit: The Chocolate Promise by Josephine Moon (Set in Tasmania in Australia – went there years ago and now I am yearning to go back)
- Award winning: The Little Grey Men by B.B. – won the Carnegie Medal in Literature (1942)
- First in a Series: The Islands at the End of the World by Austin Aslan
- A Keeper: The Little white Horse by Elizabeth Gouge – a children’s classic I have kept for almost 50 years and reread every couple of years.
- Author that is not Australian: Alistair Grim’s Odditorium by Gregory Funaro
- Book by an Author I really like: Waistcoats & Weaponry by Gail Carriger (I have read all her books and they go straight onto pre-order when I hear of new ones)
- Free Choice: An Enormously English Monsoon Wedding by Christina Jones
- Published 2000-2013: A House in Fez by Suzanna Clarke (2008)
- Outstanding hero or heroine: This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman
- Won or Borrowed: Mr Chen’s Emporium by Deborah O’Brien (borrowed from Library)
- Set in Northern hemisphere: Moon at Nine by Deborah Ellis
- Debut novel by author: The Islands at the end of the World by Austin Aslan
- Published pre-2000: The Ladies of Missalonghi by Colleen McCullough (first published in 1987)
- Author new to me: Something Wiki by Suzanne Sutherland
- 2nd book or more in a series: Unlocking the Spell by E.D. Baker (2nd in the Wide-Awake Princess series)
- Been on your TBR pile forever: Naughty in Nice by Rhys Bowen (since released in 2011)
- Published in 2014: Mars Evacuees by Sophia McDougall
- Type of book I rarely, or never, read: Girl in the Dark by Anna Lyndsey (Memoir – rarely read them – having said that I have read 2 this year – which is unheard of)
- I love the cover of: The Ship by Antonia Honeywell – one look at the book in the catalogue and I knew I had to have it!