There is a Dystopian Reading challenge going over at the Book Journey blog, so head over to this post for more information and to sign-up.
What is a Dystopia? Well for me it means it is a bad place to live. Forces that are outside of a person’s power control their life in some way. So while many think it only refers to oppressive governments, I stretch it to include post-apocalyptic landscapes where formal governments are gone, or any place where characters must fight for their own mental and physical survival.
This challenge goes for a year and starts January 1st 2012.
I am aiming to read 12 dystopian books in 2012 – so aiming for the SURVIVOR level.
Here is my list (is subject to change):
1. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
2. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
3. Matched by Ally Condie
4. How I live now by Meg Rosoff
5. Days like this by Alison Stewart
6 The Bridge by Jane Higgins
7. Into the Forest by Jean Hegland
8. Ashes Ashes by Jo Treggiari
9. The Crysalids by John John Wyndham
10. Floodland by Marcus Sedgwick
11. Birthmarked by Caragh M. O’Brien
12. Bumped by Megan McCafferty